RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
surfaceRT

$100 Off Surface Pro

surfaceRT

Microsoft has dropped the price of the Surface Pro by $100 on the Microsoft store website. Anyone going to pick one up now that they are a little cheaper? Personally I am pretty happy with my Surface RT.

http://www.microsoftstore.com

RMansfield

I knew I should've waited! Although I've used my Surface Pro heavily since I bought it at the beginning of July.

ikon

RMansfield, if you posted I missed it, but how's your Pro working with the projectors?

RMansfield

I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test it because I've been teaching online classes this summer. However, I did connect it briefly in one class I subbed for, and for the brief time I used it that way, it worked fine. The resolution of the projector was about 1280 x 800, I believe and I had no problem. So, I'm guessing there's nothing to worry about, although I hope to give it a more in-depth test in a couple of weeks.

ikon

One reason I asked is because I used to be able to connect my Pro to my Bravia TV using a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI cable, but it's stopped working. Doesn't work with my wife's Pro either. And a new cable didn't help. Not sure what's going on.

RMansfield

Interesting. I had used VGA with the projector the other day. I haven't tried HDMI yet.

ikon

If you get a chance to try a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI cable I would love to hear your results.

FinsUpDNC

I like that some in the press are making this out to be some big negative showing Surface has failed.  Hard not to find a few price drops on PC's that have been out for a while.  If any of them put down their Macbook for a second they would know this. A 8 month PC will almost be less then when it was released.

Apple will make you pay the same for a device that is 23 months old days before the new version comes out which is fine for them, but not the norm. 

CommonTek

Also wasn't this just through August (for now)? Even Apple drops the price of MacBook's as the back-2-school rush is on.

quixotic

I bought mine just a few weeks ago and while I'm dissapointed I didn't wait, I'm more concerned about what's ahead. The worst thing would be if Microsoft decides to bail out of the tablet business altogether. It could also be that a second generation device is coming.

Let's hope for the latter.