RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RMansfield

Whatever Happened To The Hinted Surface Pro Keyboard With Built In External Battery?

RMansfield

Back in February, there were rumors going around about new Surface accessories, including a new Surface Pro keyboard that was slightly thicker than the current offerings, but included a second battery that could be used to extend the Surface Pro's battery up to a total combined charge of 8 to 10 hours.

If you run a Bing/Google search for Microsoft Surface Pro keyboard battery, you'll find a number of reports. Supposedly these promised devices were hinted at by a Microsoft representative. 

I've not heard anything since February, but the short battery life is my only knock against the Surface Pro. 

Anyone know anything?

Tempest790

My question exactly!

FinsUpDNC

I have a feeling that a lot of accessories have been put on hold due to sales.  It is a shame too because a big selling point of the Pro could be what you can do with the port on the bottom.  Part of the sales pitch should be what else you can add to the device, but that is not the case for now.

• Like 1

Mochahead

I am hoping for colored version of the type keyboard and thinner, lighter versions of Surface RT and Surface Pro, if anyone wants to start a wish list for Microsoft.

RMansfield

That's excellent news. The most frustrating aspect of the Surface Pro for me is its lousy battery life.

ikon

This is a great development.

davzsurfacepro

Does anyone know if the "power cover" is also backlit...like the new touch and type covers? I've yet to see a video or pic with it lit up. (although I must admit, there isn't much media on this thing yet)

CommonTek

I have come across nothing suggesting it will be backlit unfortunately.

Edited by TabletJunkie