RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
quixotic

New Surface Pro Owner

quixotic

This evening I finally bought a Surface Pro 128gb with Type Cover, Office 365, HDMI adapter, case and MS Complete.  I bought it from a local MS store and it was a good experience (unlike what I expect from Best Buy).  So far I'm enjoying getting to know it.  I can already see I want some things I've been used to on my Motorola Xoom Android tablet.  The most important is an alternate soft keyboard.  I want something with smaller keys and numerics across the top.  If anyone knows of such a thing, please let me know.

Also, is it possible to do a search in the app store?  I haven't been able to find it.

I've been looking at the Surface since it came out.  There wasn't anything else that came along that I like better so I'm pretty happy.

CommonTek

Congrats. To search in the store, just swipe in from the right to get the charms menu and select search.

As someone who came from another tablet platform as well, IOS, I can say I am overall happier with the Surface (rt) than I was the IPad.  You will have your hiccups and thorns to work through but jumping OS will always prompt that. 

RMansfield

Whoops--never mind. I didn't see at first that tablet junkie answered the search question.

Edited by RMansfield

ikon

Just to add to what TabletJunkie posted, no matter what application you're using, don't forget about swiping in from the right. The Charms Bar almost always has things that apply to that application: e.g. Settings.