RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Biggest Gripe About The Surface Pro...

SurfaceProArtist

I agree, but at the same time... I don't want the menu to get in the way of my canvas while drawing. :) Can't win them all.

The solution is for devs to hurry up and create Windows 8-compliant versions whose menus and toolbars hide off screen until you need them. 

In my opinion the biggest reason people complain about the size of the Surface's screen is because they're not familiar with Hotkeys for the applications they are using or trying to use. I find that I rarely take my cursor to the corner because if I want to quit the app I just push ctrl+Q or ctrl+W to close a file. etc etc, I think if you get very familiar with hotkey commands the screen size won't affect you since you can always zoom into your art. Print out a cheat sheet and pretty soon you won't even need it. You'll even hide the tools and have an open canvas without any obstruction.

Instagram: anwarmad

That's a fair point, although people like me don't use it often enough to warrant that amount of effort. I use Photoshop, and I can do pretty much anything I want with it, but I don't it every day, or even every week.

No question that learning hotkeys makes you more efficient; however, on a tablet the ideal scenario is to not use the keyboard at all.

Ditto. I rarely use my touch cover anymore.

I can see how the majority of people would opt to not use the type cover or keyboard etc. Since you can install the Artdock while working, I however found that the Surface's palm rejection as good as it is, betrayed me a couple of times while working in Manga Studio 5. So I disabled the touch driver to make it closer to a Cintiq, As a result I need the type cover for "Ctrl, Alt etc.