RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS System Warning- Antivirus not installed at boot up

gen_leisure

I have been monitoring an issue with Windows 7 and the alert system for WHS since I began using the evaluation copy in July 2009. I receive warning messages at boot up that I have no Antivirus software installed or my updates are out of date from WHS.
I then check my Antivirus software and verify this not to be the case,at which time the warning disappears. I have tried using both the Kaspersky and Security Essentials AV products for 64 bit Win 7.
This issue was not present on the system prior to Win 7(Vista 32 and 64 bit verified). Anybody else having a simialar issue?

This is due to the way that the warnings work on bootup. The step for giving you a warning happens earlier in the boot process than the step in which it checks for AV/spyware. For whatever reason, that's the order that MS setup them up in.

I have found at least a temporary solution. It was suggested from another web site. The service named WSCSVC in the local services menu for windows 7 is set to Start up type

rbillstr,

I'll need to try that... I just ignore it, as it goes away within a few minutes, once the Win7 machines download the latest profiles. I'm running Security Essentials by the way...