RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Dead

surfaceRT

I charged my surface last night, and this morning when I went to use my surface I had a red X on my battery icon. The error was "no battery was detected". I restarted it and now I get the surface splash screen, the low battery icon and it just turns off. It will not charge, or start with the power cord connected either. I get no light at the end of the power cord.  

Does anyone know if they will do a warranty exchange at a Microsoft store?

They didn't start selling the Surface until September or October last year (can't remember exactly), so I would assume that every Surface is still under warranty.

Yes, of course--how could I forget?  ;-)

So, I would think that every Surface should be under warranty right now. 

I am just hoping that they will exchange it in the store, and I wont have to mail it in and wait. I am going to call them when they open here in a couple of hours.

Thanks Droid. It was a great experience and I enjoyed writing that one. 

Good Luck on the exchange attempt and keep us updated!

I called and spoke to someone at the local Microsoft store. I was told they can do a warranty exchange in the store. I am going to head over there this afternoon to get it swapped out. Hopefully the person I spoke with was telling the truth.

That was the easiest exchange I have ever done. Walked in, they verified my issue and swapped out my RT. In the store a total of 10 minutes, maybe.