RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RMansfield

Are Any Other Digital Pens Compatible With The Surface?

RMansfield

I really like the digital pen, which is the primary reason I wanted the Surface Pro. Question for those having used the Pro for longer than I have: are there any 3rd party pens that are thicker and heavier? In general I like the digital pen, but when using a regular pen, I like something with a bit more heft.

Also, what kind of apps/software is out there that takes advantage of the "inking" in the way that Office does?

Thanks.

ikon

I like the pen. The one thing I don't use on it is the switch, the one that is supposed to provide right-click capability. I find the switch to be a bit firm, so I use the tap-n-hold method to bring up the right-click menu. I don't have a problem with the heft of the pen, but that's a very personal thing.

RMansfield

Thanks. Those look like the ones to get.

RMansfield

I picked up the Bamboo Surface Feel (black). I really like the extra weight and thickness of the pen. The only drawback is that it doesn't have the "eraser" top that the pen has that comes with the surface. This isn't too big of a deal, but I was already in the habit of using the eraser on the Surface's pen, so I suppose I'll have to get used to manually switching to an eraser instead of just turning the pen over.

RMansfield

Correction above: Bamboo Stylus Feel