RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

What Are Your Impressions Of Win 8.1?

WolfJT

I have not had any issues with battery live yet. 8.1 does have many bugs, and MS better get them worked out before it RTMs in a few weeks.

wltklah

I am happy for what MS will bring to the table for 8.1, but not happy about the quality of work for the 8.1 preview. I think it is more like beta than preview, even after the July patch Tuesday. MS only has very little time to make 8.1 perfect for prime time. I really hope the restructure of the organization in MS won't screw up 8.1.

RicoScott

Really needs more time to bake, and noticeably more buggy than the CP/RP of Windows 8. I love the new features, but as someone who got their RT on the 26th, I think it would've been better to have stuck with 8.0. I'm stuck between loving the new features and being annoyed by often unreproduceable issues. I'm confident that it'll be much improved by RTM; I just hope they bother to release some fixes in the meantime, specifically fixes for the XAML bug and the inconsistent search feature.

• Like 1

SurfaceProArtist

Definitely feels half-baked on the Surface RT. Losing wifi during sleep is the biggest annoyance. Docking windows seems a lot easier. The start button is not the game-changer it's been made out to be.

WolfJT

The latest patch has made the scrolling a bit better. It isn't as good as the original, but it's now usable.

WolfJT

As we grow closer to release my experience with 8.1 gets worse. IE11 is just not compatible with websites. No matter if I add sites to the compatibility list or not, the browser crashes like crazy. My APPs are still closing at random. If they release this, they are headed for scorn and ridicule, and this time it will be well deserved.

RMansfield

Yeah, I was trying to keep my Surface Pro with minimal installs of extra apps. But after upgrading to 8.1, I had to install Firefox because IE has so many problems.