RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Screen Issue - Discoloration On Right

russbean

I use my Surface RT daily; I have since purchasing it in November.  While used frequently, it has never been abused.  This morning I was in church, using the PocketBible app from Laridian, and I notice some discoloration on the lower right of the screen.  It is like a yellowish smudge.  It is really hard to show accurately in a picture, but here is a sample.  Look at the cursor area. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A780F7E4BE06F3FE!934 and https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A780F7E4BE06F3FE!105.  I was hoping it might clear up on its own like if it was moisture or something trapped inside.  No such luck, and it might be getting worse.  (Or I could just be noticing it more now that it has my attention.)

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I assume you checked it within another app or on the touch screen to ensure it wasn't An issue with the app? I have heard of this occurring before and the end user had to get it replaced.

It is not app related. It is noticeable all the time except on dark screens. Unfortunately, I do not have a local MS store, so I have gone through the online return process, which was simple enough. I had to package it and drop it in a FedEx box today. I'm not going to like being without it for a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this returns process is taking way too long.  I'm starting my second week without my Surface, and I miss it.  I thought it would only take a few days via FedEx, but I didn't realize it was going FedEx ground.  MS received it only yesterday.  Ugh.

This is a good reason to hope that an MS Store opens soon near you, perhaps inside a Best Buy. My understanding is that they have the authority to issue returns/exchanges. I hope they retain that authority.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I received my replacement device.  The returns process was easy but takes way too long--two whole weeks for me.  At least setting up the new device was easy.  But, wow, the updates seem endless.