RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Mix8 From Lenovo

Dave

The hardware looks gorgeous!

CommonTek

From personal experience with Lenovo's Atom W8 Setup, I would be cautious.  Not only did my first TPT2 malfunction, but the replacement after a month or so started showing similar issues (with only one application running at a time).  Now luckily it drove me to the Surface RT but if the setup is the same as the TPT2, I would pass.  Now it may just be my bad luck, but the Atom platform (which I initially defended) is just too underpowered and is incapable of running full W8; or at least providing a consistently good UX.

JohnTW

I have a Thinkpad Tablet 2 but the active digitizer was not functioning properly. It had to go back. Replaced it with an Asus Vivo Tab Smart. Nice machine that I enjoyed consuming media on more than creating content. Trading that in for an Acer Iconia W3 (due Friday 06/28). Hopefully I'll enjoy it. But I think I might be a Surface RT (version 2) guy this fall. Can't wait for the app ecosystem to hit full steam!

Dave

Would you mind giving us some quick thoughts on the W3 when you get it?  I've read a couple of reviews that are not real impressed with it.

JohnTW

Would you mind giving us some quick thoughts on the W3 when you get it?  I've read a couple of reviews that are not real impressed with it.

Definitely will. The poor screen quality reviews really gets me scared.

Dave

Oh man....Hide your wallets!

CommonTek

Oh man, if only I disposable income! The mix 8 is want I have been wanting. Arghhhhh! I still think that putting full windows on an 8" is a mistake but look at that beauty! She is oh so beautiful, seductive and tranceful like a mythical siren.