RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Outlook Rt Announced

surfaceRT

Sounds like Microsoft is really stepping it up for the Windows 8 and windows phone 8 platforms. First they announce Halo: Spartan Assault for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. Now they are announcing Outlook RT to be included in the 8.1 update. Also it sounds like all 7 and 8 in tablets will get a free copy of office as well with 8.1. I for one and really excited!

http://www.wpcentral.com/outlook-rt-arrive-windows-81-small-windows-8-tablets-ship-free-office

I still am concerned about how an ARM CPU will handle multiple large PST files. For most users, email is a mess.

As the Surface RT can not join a Domain, having Outlook may not help get you on corporate email.

• Like 1

Hopefully it is outlook lite. But if a user wants to use multiple pst's and slow down the experience it is their choice.

Outlook it nice on a desktop but it may be too much for ARM. It can bog down on some heavy duty machines. I'm starting to dig the Windows 8 Mail APP. It works very well, and they keep adding really nice features to it.

Until the Mail App gets drag'n'drop I won't be using it. It's a thing of principle. This is a touch-sensitive OS; how dare the default Mail App not be touch-enabled?

In the meantime, I will use Outlook which, oddly enough, does work with touch on my SP.

Drag and drop in Outlook is not going to be as cool as you think. Sliding an email with stylus or finger to a folder on a 10.6" screen will be painful. The Move function is fast, easy and accurate. IMHO.