RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Is My Software Compatible With Surface Pro?

buzzelliart

Hello everyone,

I hope not to be OT,

I am a software developer and I've developed a painting software for windows platform.

The software also supports Wacom's pen sensitivity to vary size and opacity of brushstrokes.

I was wondering if my software works well on Windows Surface pro, since it seems that the software has some issues with hardwares with integrated graphics cards.

The software is available for free here:

http://speedypainter.altervista.org/

I would be grateful if someone could test it and send me a feedback about their user experience with the software.

Thank you all in advance!

Kind regards,

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrea, I'm not sure if anyone else has responded to your post, but I will give it a try and let you know.

Yes, your software runs perfectly. Hope you keep adding features. The spartan interface is ideal for the Surface Pro's limited screen space.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi surfaceproartist! Thank you a lot for your feedback!

I am very happy that the software works on surface pro, that's great to read that!

Yes, I am planning to add new features, and now I am even more motivated, knowing that it works also on Surface Pro, so it can have a bigger audience.

Thank you again for your feedback, feedbacks and suggestions are always very appreciated

Kind regards,

Andrea

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Anwar

well, this is strange

unfortunately I still have no access to a surface PRO machine to personally test it.

maybe surfaceproartist has more up-to-date graphics drivers on his machine?

thank you for your feedback, this is very precious :)

Kind regards,

Andrea

The version on your site reads 3.07. The info on the version I've installed reads 3.0. Have you updated your program since June 26? Let me know and I'll be happy to uninstall/reinstall.

@surfaceproartist

Thank you for the very quick feedback and for the very useful information about the driver version!

Yes, on the website there is a new version of the application, version 3.0.7, dated July 29 2013.

Actually, the information dialog (the one that pops out when pressing the F1 key) currently shows only the first 2 dot separated numbers of the release number, I should add also the third one.

Meanwhile, you can see the actual extended version number from the properties of the application executable, to do this just right click on the SpeedyPainter.exe file -> select "properties" -> details tab.

You can see a list of the new features in newer versions in the download page here:

http://speedypainter.altervista.org/download_page.php#version_history

I hope you will appreciate the new features i added, as well as the new ones I'm planning to add soon.

Thank you for your precious help :) ,

Kind regards,

Andrea