RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Android Podcast Listening App

Dave

This was mentioned briefly in the HTC Incredible thread but I think it deserves it's own due to how many times I revisit this situation. I'm growing tired of Google Listen so I think I'm going to try a two app approach. I like Listen due to the fact I can download a podcast on the road but it's player is not good at all and the app just seems cumbersome for management of the podcasts. Since I used the Zune and did wireless sync with it for so long I'm accustomed to that approach so I'm going to try Winamp's beta Android app. It does Wifi sync. I still keep Zune marketplace running on my MediaCenter "Server" so it downloads new episodes all the time. I'm going to simply use that as my "music" library and try the wireless sync to my phone. Anyone else tried this approach?

I pretty much have the same opinion as you (grown tired of Listen). I just hadn't figured out a different way to do get the podcasts without syncing.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone reads this in the future you may want to give BeyondPod a try. You can download or stream the podcast. If you download the podcast, you can have them auto delete when you are done listening. There is a paid version of the app, but the free version will have most of what you want so give it a try.