RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Vail Memory Requirements

pcdoc

I have been testing Vail now since its release. It is running on a stanalone box using a Core I3-540, 4 gigs or DDR3 1600, 750 Caviar Black and two 2T EARS drives. Everything works great but what I noticed is that during transcodeing to the internet, it uses about 75% of the CPU but what concerned me the most is that is uses all available RAM and most of the VR when doing large file copies and multitasking. My guess based on my impression is that 4 Gigs is a minimum not a desired amout. Will run it on 8 gigs to see if this improves.

I think Vail will run on whatever it can get. If it has 4gb it will use it but I have run Vail on as little as a 1gb.

Sure but I get concerned about what happens when it is transcoding and streaming it the internet. Saw heavy CPU and memroy useage. Add to that AV when it comes out and a couple more addins and it might a bit more breathing room.

Sure but I get concerned about what happens when it is transcoding and streaming it the internet. Saw heavy CPU and memroy useage. Add to that AV when it comes out and a couple more addins and it might a bit more breathing room.

I agree that usage will probably cause a problem.

My server is down at the moment so I cant really experiment. Get getting a "stop" code which was consistent whatever I tried to do so I have a new mobo combo on the way.

The MSI board I was using seemed (from what I read) to be sending low ram voltage and locked up when I tried to update the Bios, so I am suspecting a bad mobo