RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
LawnPaul

Rad Now!

LawnPaul

My App pick this time is for Rad Now!

I'm mainly recommending this for Dave now that he has a new Lumia, and has mentioned his like for good weather apps.

Rad Now! is a VERY simple BUT perfect radar tracker. It loads as fast as you can blink.

you can set the animation intervals to 15min. It uses Bing maps (or Nokia maps now).

It is simple, but is perfect if that's all you want to see.

I hat having to open Weather channel, and going to radar, then telling it to animate, and seeing just hour intervals.

Oh, no Ads

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/rad-now/4919d057-4feb-df11-9264-00237de2db9e

ikon

I pay others to watch the radar and then tell me what it means :D

Neophyte

I also use RAD Now! for its simplicity and good animated radar.  I have used several "full featured" weather apps and none of them have a satisfactory radar experience.  Either they do not animate radar (a still shot of radar is not useful, how do you know if the storm is coming towards you?) and/or the radar feature is hard to get to and clunky.  I have used Weather Channel, AccuWeather, Amazing Weather, Weather Live, Weather Flow, plus I'm sure several others I have forgotten.  Right now my favorites and pinned to my start screen are Weather Flow and RAD Now!

• Like 1

ImTheTypeOfGuy

What is wrong with the windows app. I love it and have no plans to look for other weather apps.

ikon

For Canadian users I recommend the The Weather Network app. I found it in the Store.

LawnPaul

What is wrong with the windows app. I love it and have no plans to look for other weather apps.

This is for Windows Phone, not RT/8. Microsoft does have an App simply called weather on the phone, but it's not very feature rich, and takes more then one step if all you want is a simple look at the radar.

I do use other weather apps, but just wanted to highlight Rad Now! as a very nice, simple, and fast way to look at radar on the go