RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
FinsUpDNC

Live Coverage Of Xbox Event

FinsUpDNC

Surface Geeks will be broadcasting  live coverage of the XBOX event tomorrow.  Watch live and join the conversation at surfacegeeks.net/live

I am not a gamer, but very interested in the media end of this announcement. 

LawnPaul

I'm going to do my best to be on!

ikon

Hoping to be there; planning on it anyway.

Dewain27

I will be watching for sure.  Me and my buddies are going to watch on Xbox while in an Xbox party to discuss it.  I will pull up the site as well to see what you guys are saying.

ikon

As hard as it might be to believe, I have never played on an Xbox. The closest I've come is to use a wired Xbox controller to play Dreamfall: The Longest Journey on my HTPC.

Dewain27

OMG... Ikon, that is a shame.  This must be fixed.... :D

Seriously, the Xbox One seemed pretty awesome from the information today.  Looks like the TV stuff is handled much like google was doing a google TV device.  We don't have the details, but that is my take from looking at the ports on the back.  Of course, I can't wait to see what else we find out.

Dave

It's exciting for sure.  It looked great and I can't wait to see what comes out of E3.  I'm more interested in the TV stuff though!

ikon

I am hopeful it can be my new HTPC.

RobD

During the night, Sony now released the pricing, specs and pictures of the new PS4.   What do you all think?

Key Points to Sony's Presentation

• $399 (though if you want Multiplayer you have to add $10/month, plus $59 for their "eye")
  • No restrictions on used games
  • Similar (though slightly better ) specs to the Xbox One
  • Sony will be building a "Cloud" to provide additional features.

Granted I am not an unbiased person here, but my take

1.  Sony wins points on the price, but I think when people look deeper the pricing is very comparable (that $100 upfront difference is negligible if you want to get similar capabilities)

2. The Used Game/DRM thing.   My personal opinion:  People are making far too big a deal out of this.  Its the latest "Internet Flame War" and people are all up in arms about it...and I would guess that over 99% of them will never actually be impacted

3. I think Xbox has a huge edge in Cloud.  Remember PSN's hacking?   Wow...  Not only that, Microsoft is going to add 300,000 servers to Xbox Live?  How is Sony going to be able to compete with that?  Not only that, but Microsoft is going to use that cloud capability to enhance the game play...some of it in ways we can't even fathom right now.

Only time will tell who wins, but I foresee that Sony will likely have the edge at launch (they did with PS3 as well) but I believe that the Microsoft vision is the more complete, the more ambitious and will have broader range appeal.   Sony PS4 will appeal to gamers...but let's face it, console gaming is a MUCH smaller population than those who A)Watch TV B)Consume Media and B) want their TV to be their entertainment hub.

What do you all think?