RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dewain27

Temple Run: Brave

Dewain27

Guys/Gals,

Have you guys seen that we have a new game called Temple Run: Brave.  It looks to be a Temple Run based on the theme of Disney's Brave movie.  I haven't downloaded it yet, but wanted to see if others had.  It is $1.49 in the store and currently is featured.

Thanks,

Dewain

LawnPaul

I got it. The kids and wife love it. Its very smooth.

Dewain27

Alright... I bought it... review to come.

Dave

Good to hear. I was thinking about it myself. My kids are playing a few of the "temple run" type games and love them.

Dewain27

So, I got this for my daughter and I have to say that she and all the kids at the table on Sunday for lunch were clamoring to play it.  For me, I thought wow this thing is pretty hard, but looked over to see all the kids making me look like a newb.  It is basically the same as your typical Temple Run, but it does include a new concept of shooting targets as you run as well.  I do think that this would be easier as a phone game, but hey it does run well and is really fun to play.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dave
    • Dave
      By Dave
      The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

The SDM R4 is a bracket that facilitates mounting two additional 2.5″ drives in a HP MicroServer Gen8. There are also mounting holes for fans across the bottom to help cool RAID/SATA cards. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.

With optional Stackers you can run four 2.5″ drives on the SDM R4. The SDM R4 will support four 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run four drives on the SDM R4, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair, four drives will require two SSB kits. Because of the size of the SDM R4, if you are going to boot your server using the internal USB port, you will need to use a USB stick that is shorter than 1″. For more information on mounting instructions look here: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

The SDM R3.5 is in stock and ready to ship!

The SDM R3.5 is a bracket that facilitates mounting one additional 2.5″ drive in a HP MicroServer Gen8. The kit includes all the fasteners needed to install.
      With optional Stackers you can run two 2.5″ drives on the SDM R3.5. The SDM R3.5 will support two 9.5MM 2.5″ drives. If you want to run two drives on the SDM R3.5, you need to order SSB stacking brackets listed below. One set of SSB per drive pair. For more information on mounting instructions look here:  http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5960-hp-ms-g8-25-drive-bracket-revision-history-new-rev-35-and-rev-4-info/?p=137922

SSB-9.5 for 9.5mm drives $10

Schoondoggy Stacking Brackets can be used to stack two 2.5” drives. All screws are included

SSB-7 for 7mm drives $10

SOC-MSG8-R1 kit for 9.5mm optical drives to latch it in place. Screws included $9.

The SDM R4 is SOLD OUT!

• Al_Borges
      By Al_Borges
      the selection and quality of the windows 10 store apps   has taken a turn for the better in the last few months

Software publishers have started to load in their win32 apps  in the Store

The big one is  Itunes  of course.    I dont use Itunes per se but a program I use ( mediamonkey)  requires it to be installed to sync to Ipods and Iphones

The big advantage of loading in Itunes this way  is that it leaves behind all the other crud  ( apple updater, Bonjour etc) and just does Itunes

But there are several others that I have used and can recommend.  In some cases the author asks for a small fee for the program via the store.  but you can install on any  of devices hooked into your account and updates are handled thru the MS update process

Paint.net  a solid paint/photoshop type program.  Very good program that I have used for many years.    This is the program that should have replaced MS Paint, rather than the POS  Paint 3D

Libre Office   full featured office suite -  fork of the openoffice project  solid program  more like MS Office than the google office suite.  One of my daughters went to school using this and wrote her PHD thesis with it.  

Irfranview  Lightweight handy image viewer/editor.     I have used this program for over 20 years !!!!     If I need to just crop or lighten an image to paste into another document,  this is what I use.   

Inkscape   open source Vector drawing program -    similar to Adobe Illustrator  and visio     dont use this program often  but  since visio isnt part of the standard office 365 package,  a good program to have loaded up 

Autodesk CAD Mobile    Dont confuse this for a full featured CAD program , but for viewing and marking DWG files or creating simple CAD profiles,  this free program works fine

Please feel free to pass along other useful items you found in the windows store

• Dave
      By Dave
      Panos Panay just wowed the Microsoft crowd with two incredible hardware reveals. The first was the SurfaceBook i7 with a whopping 16 hours of battery life.  The second was Surface Studio. I dare you to call it an "All in One" after today.

I'll be chatting about all this gear on my new podcast, RESET. Find it here: mccabe.io

Surface Studio

The specs of Studio are impressive but visually it is stunning. It has 28" of wow that can be manipulated to however you prefer to create.

Screen: 28" PixelSense Display
      Resolution: 4500 x 3000 (192 DPI)
      Color settings: Adobe sRGB, DCI-P3 and Vivid Color Profiles, Individually color calibrated
      Touch: 10-point multi-touch
      Aspect Ratio: 3:2
      Surface Pen
      Zero Gravity Hinge
      Quad-core 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB GPU GDDR5 memory or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB GPU GDDR5 memory

It looks like a creative persons dream machine.  Apple picked a bad week to follow Microsoft when it comes to hardware reveals.  I personally would like to try the Studio and Dial with some video editing software.  I think it will be great for that.

Look at the Microsoft Store online for more photos.  It really is a nice looking Surface. Link Here.

Surface Book

The Surface Book is plain and simple; More.  More graphics and more battery.  It's a little heavier and starts at 3.6 pounds where last year's Surface Book was 3.3 pounds.  Maybe it's the new 6th Gen Intel Core i7 or the i7: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory.  That's nice but Panos stated they just put in more battery!  It's nice to see that.  Adds a little weight but for those that want the battery life it's a welcome change.

Surface Dial
      The Dial is impressive.  It's compatible with any Windows 10 enabled PC, laptop, or tablet as long as it has the Anniversary Update.  Don't try this with your Surface Pro but it will stick to the screen of the Surface Studio!  It will have optimized off screen compatibility with Surface Book and SP4.

It's a jog dial on steroids and Panos and software partners demo'd many uses of it. Color wheel, zoom in, etc.  It's $99 and can be purchased now for delivery on November 10th.

Thanks for shopping with my links.  Maybe I can get one too!
    • EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON