RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Lumia 928 On Verizon

Dave

Also, is anyone else bothered that the 928 is simply the 920 in new casing?

Not to steer you away from WP but when is the HTC One due for Verizon?

FinsUpDNC

It's tweaked, speakers, flash, and a few other differences.  Also thinner

ThomasProTem

I went Palm - Android - iPhone. Worst experience was Android. It would take some serious mojo for me to put my hand in that fire again. I'm Verizon iPhone 4S right now, getting the 928 in June after my annual end-of-the-school-year / visit the in-laws vacation to Canada. I'm super excited about making the switch. I like the iPhone 4S, but the 5 didn't do much for me and after 2 years of iPod Touch and 2 years of iPhone, I'm pretty tired of iOS. If the 928 was just a 920 by a another name, I'd still be excited.

Dave

My contract is up in June but if you call they will waive a month to get you into a new contract.  I might try that in the store.  I want to check the phone out first though.  I'm preparing myself to learn the new hardware button layouts! When I had the 920 on loan it was hard to get used to even after a month of using it.

ikon

I find the hardware buttons on the 900 a bit awkward, and my wife sometimes presses one of them while on a call and it messes up her call.

LawnPaul

it's really not. It has a single loud speaker, an AMOLD screen instead of LCD (AMOLED is proven to be better on battery with darker blacks and sharper colors), a longer body that is more squared off, and of course different radio bands for Verizon. True internal specs match up, but they did keep it a 92X number. If it was 930 or higher I would expect more. I'm sure something better will be announced this fall. seems like they are just trying to get the 92X on all the carriers first ('cept sprint of course).

schoondoggy

Mat 16th has been confirmed as the launch date.

berty6294

I'm driving to my nearest Microsoft Store (hour and a half way) to get a black one.

osquest1488993265

Picked up the 928 earlier today. The white one. The entire face plate is black so there's no white when looking straight on. Bigger than the iPhone I'm used to using. Only complaint so far is my thumb can't easily reach the physical back key in one handed operation. The price of a larger phone.

Something went wonky in the initial setup and it wouldn't receive SMS messages although it could send. I found that some apps/settings had a blank phone number although it could make & receive calls. I did a reset, started over and the problems were gone.

Moving from an iPhone 4S although this is a second phone line so I still have the 4S. Probably take me awhile to get used to things.

Big gain from my 4S is that it supports 802.11n at 5GHz so I get better wireless connectivity around the house.

Screen is clear and easy to read, especially for my aging eyes. Video looks good on it.

Good first impression for Nokia and Windows Phone.

LawnPaul

Wondering if Dave picked one up or not. I know he mentioned going to look at it in this weeks podcast.