RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Lumia 928 On Verizon

schoondoggy

Looks like the 928 will be out this week, nice looking phone. My wife is due for a new phone on Verizon. She doesn't really like the Android phone she currently has, but she also does not like change. A Windows Phone will solve several of her phone issues. I think this is the biggest issue Microsoft has to deal with, people don't necessarily like there current phone, but change means learning something new.

FinsUpDNC

Depending on what her uses are, the change to windows phone is not that hard.  I knew I loved my 920 when I got it, but after giving it up for an S3 for a few weeks I realized just how great the device is.  People is people, mail is mail, etc. The built in apps and services makes the phone really easy to use.  My wife has an iphone, but has no issue picking up my 920 and using it. 

Glad to see the best devices finally reaching all carriers.

LawnPaul

I am excited about this phone. I like that it has AMOLED instead of LCD, and the flash upgrade.

I am not happy that the micro USB is on top. I thought WP8 was supposed to make it standard on the bottom. I noticed the 925 is also on top.

FinsUpDNC

I see people talking about that? why is it a big deal where the connector is? Maybe I am just missing something. 

surfaceRT

I don't see it being a big deal considering both of them support wireless charging.

FinsUpDNC

Yeah I use the wireless pad for my 920 and never use the connector anyway.

schoondoggy

On my Lumia 900 I like the USB on top.

When it is charging in the car it is sitting right side up.

LawnPaul

When using the phone while its charging, I prefer connectors on the bottom. Plus a lot of car mounts that offer charging prefer the connectors on the bottom too. Yes a wireless car charger would be the best case scenario.

osquest1488993265

I'm looking forward to this phone and have been waiting to upgrade on Verizon. I'm out of contract on Verizon so will probably jump on this. USB on the bottom would work better since my phone will be above the charger but I can deal with it.

Dave

The speaker is on the bottom in the back of the 928.  This might sound silly but I like to drop a phone into a cup holder in the car and use it as a mini-amphitheater.  I can listen to a podcast that way if needed. 

Headphone jack and power on the top is good for me.