RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Ethernet Adapter Driver

Hello,

I recently purchased the ethernet adapter from Microsoft, but when I plug it into the Surface Pro itlsef, Windows fails to load the driver. I was hoping if someone can direct me to the the Official driver...After hours of searching I could not get anywhere.

I also provided the hardware ID's

Hardware ID's

USB\VID_045E&PID_07AB&REV_2000
USB\VID_045E&PID_07AB

Thanks!

BTW, FWIW, I bought a D-Link DUB-E100 http://www.dlink.com/ca/en/home-solutions/connect/usb/dub-e100-high-speed-usb-2-fast-ethernet-adapter. It's not gigabit, but it works perfectly. I don't know what the max speed of the MS adapter is.

No it was prepackaged with the unit itself.

http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-US/accessories/home#adapters 

Edited by illest

I looked at your link from Ebay and don't see a Microsoft adapter.  I see a ton of 3.95 no name adapters.  I would not recommend getting one through that channel.

schoondoggy

I looked at your link from Ebay and don't see a Microsoft adapter.  I see a ton of 3.95 no name adapters.  I would not recommend getting one through that channel.

That is not his link, hover your mouse over it.

It is a shopping link, Skimlinks,  added by the site.

I just received the Anker USB to Ethernet gigabit adapter. I disconnected my WiFi connection and plugged the Anker into my Surface Pro. As stated in the reviews on Amazon, it was immediately recognised without any need to install a driver. I connected it to my LAN and the Adapter Status window says I have a gigabit connection.

It has a blue LED that I assume means it's getting USB power, and a blinking green LED that indicates network activity.

It couldn't have been easier. And, it's small and compact.

Correction: the blue LED indicates that the unit has a live Ethernet connection. The green LED indicates transfer of data over the USB port, if the port is USB 3/2/1.1. There is also a red LED (apparently, since I haven't seen it light up) that indicates data transfer over a pure USB 3 port. I'm not sure such a port even exists.

BTW, the manual says the unit also supports Macs with OS 9 or higher.