RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Capacitive Pen

INeedHelp

I am looking for a capacitive pen that writes accurately on the Surface RT. I was looking at the Jot Pro. It would be nice because it is magnetic, but I don't really like the precision disk on the tip. Does anyone know whether or not the magnetic stylus would latch anywhere on the surface? Or if there is a better pen that would best fit what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help

Just had a look at that Targus stylus. I was shocked - $14.95 each and it looks identical to the ones I bought for 38 cents each (plus shipping): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330802599494.

My wife & I are both using these on our Surface Pros and Lumia phones. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for handwriting, but they replace my fingertip beautifully (I almost never touch the screen).

BTW, the bright colours really help with the WAF :)

I think that I am going to purchase the Bamboo Stylus Solo, which seems to work well. As for my desire to have it be magnetic, I am thinking of possibly attaching something like small Rare Earth Super Magnets to the pen clip. Do you think that the magnets would attach to my Surface? maybe on the charger port?

just tried this with a fridge magnet. the top back corners of the RT will hold a magnet (close to the speakers). Or you could design something similar to the charger connector that sits in the charger (without shorting it). I can see that this will come off easily. Velcro might be a better solution.

Edited by DerAusgewanderte

just tried this with a fridge magnet. the top back corners of the RT will hold a magnet (close to the speakers). Or you could design something similar to the charger connector that sits in the charger (without shorting it). I can see that this will come off easily. Velcro might be a better solution.

Okay, thanks for the suggestions