RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
CommonTek

Deal?

CommonTek

Need some opinions.  I have a lead on a supposed new in box surface rt 32gb, with a new in box red touch cover.  Price 475.  I am always wary of purchasing other from the store and from someone I don't know but I really want an rt and cash strapped.  Good enough deal?

Oh, I have to know tonight

Edited by TabletJunkie

pfinter

Not a fan of the touch cover. But like the choice of colors to make a style statement. I have a 64gb RT and love it. The browser is top notch and I appreciate how MS continues improving the base apps and the OS. As for the 32gb RT, I suppose it depends on how you plan to use it. At home and the office and at church, I'm always connected so I make use of the skydrive cloud storage. But, for commuting, I have downloaded games and books. I generally use my phone for music but the Xbox music app works fine for streaming at home. The benefit of the RT is the built in micro SD card slot and USB port that can be used for extra storage.

$475 for an RT and a cover sounds like a deal. I would take it.

LawnPaul

if it seems damage free, it's easy enough to flash a device and make it new on the software end

CommonTek

Thanks.  I decided I want to get the extended MS comprehensive coverage so I will buy in store.  After watching my 1.5 year old swinging a knee hockey stick wildly tonight I figure I better protect my investment. 

I have used the touch cover and like it however if they made the type in additional colors I might have been swayed.  By the way I think they missed the boat on that.  The one thing that would really make they type killer is to have an illuminated key option.  I think the fact that the rt battery life is so good, that I would be willing to allocate some to the keyboard for night work.  Additionally, they could allow a setting that would allow you to turn it on and off.  Also, they need caps lock and num lock indicators.

The big question is 64 or 32.  I guess I will ponder that until I can make it to the store.

ikon

why would you need the keyboard illuminated at night?

schoondoggy

I think a backlit keyboard would be a great option.

• Like 1

CommonTek

I have used the touch cover and like it however if they made the type in additional colors I might have been swayed.  By the way I think they missed the boat on that.  The one thing that would really make they type killer is to have an illuminated key option.  I think the fact that the rt battery life is so good, that I would be willing to allocate some to the keyboard for night work.  Additionally, they could allow a setting that would allow you to turn it on and off.  Also, they need caps lock and num lock indicators.

I am happy to see Microsoft came around and created a backlighting for both keyboard options.

pfinter

If my Type Cover ever breaks, I would love to have the backlit typecover in a color other than black.

ROZZ

A few days ago I purchased a refurbished 32gb Surface RT off of Ebay for $239 for my dad. No touch or type cover but I've been seeing used type covers go for around $80-90 at times. Those were buy-it-now also (I hate the bidding game). I would imagine the prices will continue to drop as people get their hands on the new surfaces.