RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Quicken Replacement

Oldtrucksrule

Hello all,  I have a Surface RT, I initially thought I'd replace it with the PRO. But, I've really adapted well to the RT. The only program I really miss is Quicken, has anyone found an app that replaces Quicken?

OTR

depending on your needs, check these out.

I personally love Pageonce. its a simple money management system. you can enter all your accounts, including utilities, phones, and even Amazon. I get notification when new bills are ready via the app on my phone. You can pay bills right through the app or website.

www.Pageonce.com

a lot of other people recommend Mint. I cant give an opinion on Mint, as I only tried it for a few days.

www.Mint.com

The problem I've always with these apps is I found it very hard to switch from one to another. Not surprisingly, the manufacturers of them want to lock you into their product :(

I used Quicken on my first computer, which was a MacSE, and never wanted to bother to switch to putting it on Windows, so until 2 years ago, I did the checking account on a Mac. Then Intuit and Apple got into a stalemate over the drop of support of the "Rosetta Stone" developer's interface. I couldn't wait for them to work it out, so I moved Quicken to Windows and had to buy a new laptop to do it. It can't run on my RT, but I recognize that I have the "Quicken monkey" on my back. Sadly, I will do whatever it takes to feed the habit. ;-)

Until users demand that manufacturers provide an universal interchange format, which isn't likely, everyone will be stuck in this 'locked-in' struggle. It's kind of like prosumer cameras (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, etc.): once you buy a few lenses of a particular make, it's pretty hard to switch to another brand.

Thanks everyone, I to use Pageonce and love it!  But, I'd like to be able to categorize my purchases.  Is anyone running Quicken on your PRO?

Thanks

I have been using Quicken through Remote Desktop on the Surface RT.  If you are running Quicken on another computer, give it a try.  The Remote Desktop app is available in the Windows Store.