RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Kickstand Issue

INeedHelp

I went to the Microsoft store, and asked about the issue with the kickstand. The first employee I asked looked at It and showed me another Surface with the Same problem, and said it was normal. I was about to leave when I decided to look at some of the other Surfaces and see if they had the same issue. After I saw that only a few of them had the weird sound when closing the kickstand, I decided to ask another employee The employee who helped me the second time didn't say much at first about the problem, he looked stumped, but he ended up using compressed air to clean it out. He said that I must have had some stuff in between the hinges. This helped a little, but now it is more of a dull, less prevalent sound than it was before.

So the sound is still there, but I guess I cant do anything about it. I will maybe buy some of the compressed air and try to clean it for myself. Overall I thought the second employee who helped me did a good job, he gave me some good advise on how to keep the hinges clean, and answered any other questions I had.

Thanks for all the replies and help

If you have access to a real air compressor with an air nozzle it will likely do a much better job than those wimpy tins of canned air.