RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Kickstand Issue

INeedHelp

When closing the kickstand on my Surface RT, there is a click unlike the one you are supposed to hear when it shuts. I am wondering if it is one of the hinges. It almost sounds like it is catching on something. Anybody else have this problem, or know of a fix. It isn't a big issue, but it is a little annoying.

Thanks for the help

This must then be an issue that is rare. On the hinge that I think that it is coming from, it looks like there is some of the white-blueish glue/bonding material (sorry, don't know exactly what it is called) in one of the corners of the hinge. I can tell this is different comparing it to the other hinge. I am going to take my Surface to the Microsoft store to see if they will do anything to fix it.

Does anybody think they will be able to do anything?

Is there anything that I can try that will solve this issue?

Thanks for the help

I would take it to the store before trying anything. If they can't help, the maybe try something, although I might be tempted to get MS to do it because they're all still under warranty.

You're lucky you have an MS Store close enough to get to. Closest 1 to me is a 5 hour drive, each way.

I took mine to the Store with a dead pixel. They simply exchanged it with a new one. Backed up the little I had on the RT to the cloud in the store. I went in there with only the device and walked out with an entire new box including power supply. I forgot my Staples receipt but they didn't make a deal out of it. Excellent service. Of course YMMV

(ps: Cincinnati store Kenwood Mall)

good luck

Wow. That's fantastic service. 'Course, it will have to change once they've been on the market long enough for warranties to have expired.

I have to say the Msoft store service reports have been great! Overtime these stores can be a huge advantage over Android in a phone and tablet market.  It will take time to get the word out there, but it is something that can work.  

I have to say that I am a little worried that the people at the Microsoft store will not be able to hear the catching on the kickstand, due to the number of people in the store. I agree that the service has been great, but hopefully they will not dismiss my problem, saying it is not big enough to fix or replace. Do you think that they will help me fix or replace it?

Just go see what they say.  If they can't hear it, ask them to take it in the back. Judging by reports I have heard and read, I doubt they will give you a hard time. Please keep us updated. 

Just go see what they say.  If they can't hear it, ask them to take it in the back. Judging by reports I have heard and read, I doubt they will give you a hard time. Please keep us updated. 

I will, thanks. I am probably going to take it in later today.