RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RMansfield

Has Anyone Used Powerpoint On The Rt With A Projector Extensively Yet?

Surfacenovice

sorry, sorry - my error in describing the hook-up. I do use the MS accessory VGA adapter - we use a HDMI connector from Surface to our TV and whatever plays on the Surface via Internet, shows up on the TV. How come I cannot hook up a portable multi-drive (DVD) to the Surface to play a video and have it  show up through the projector? I have not copied the video yet into a avi format which I understand Surface RT may recognize?

I haven't used it with a projector but, I've extended to a 1080p TV on several occasions to teach a class using PPT. I didn't have any issues. I normally run the presenter view on the Surface and the show on TV.

It's possible that the 800x600 resolution isn't supported well. I seem to recall lots of issues with displaying to devices that weren't at least 720p or greater. I suggest searching for issues with the 800x600 resolution and the Surface RT

Another thing you might look into is not using the HDMI connection but instead using a VGA connection. I found one on Amazon for $48:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-VGA-Adapter-Surface/dp/B00A5TXSCI/ref=sr_1_1/180-0166794-9312129?ie=UTF8&qid=1399052348&sr=8-1&keywords=surface+rt+vga

Or the Microsoft Store for $39

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-VGA-Adapter/productID.256146000

Never used one but I assume it would allow for more resolutions than an HDMI only connection.

Perhaps someone else will comment on the VGA adapter thought and would know more on the subject.

sorry, sorry - my error in describing the hook-up. I do use the MS accessory VGA adapter - we use a HDMI connector from Surface to our TV and whatever plays on the Surface via Internet, shows up on the TV. How come I cannot hook up a portable multi-drive (DVD) to the Surface to play a video and have it  show up through the projector? I have not copied the video yet into a avi format which I understand Surface RT may recognize?

Let me circle back on my May 2nd response. I recently changed the setting on the RT to 1080 and "Duplicate" the display, set the PPT display as "Primary", used the MS Surface VGA connector and now I can show the PPT, switch to a video (e.g. YouTube), and switch back to the PPT.  The PPT does get a little hung up on a slide after 5 minutes so I need to figure out why. But overall, Surface RT does the job! 

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have used mine a lot without issue. I have used it with an Epson and two different Asus models.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk