RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can The Vertical Scrolling Be Reversed On The Wedge Mouse Surface Edition?

RMansfield

Although, It seems overpriced, I went out and bought the Wedge mouse Surface Edition today at Staples. Yes, I know that the regular Wedge mouse is half the price at Amazon, but I wanted the Surface edition anyway.

So, I have the mouse connected, and everything seems to be working great except for one aspect: vertical scrolling. I'd like to reverse the direction, but cannot find any way to do this in the settings. I've also looked on the internet and can find a lot of people who'd like to do the same thing, but no one has seemed to discover a way to do this yet. I'm hoping someone here will have figured out a solution.

Although, It seems overpriced, I went out and bought the Wedge mouse Surface Edition today at Staples. Yes, I know that the regular Wedge mouse is half the price at Amazon, but I wanted the Surface edition anyway.

So, I have the mouse connected, and everything seems to be working great except for one aspect: vertical scrolling. I'd like to reverse the direction, but cannot find any way to do this in the settings. I've also looked on the internet and can find a lot of people who'd like to do the same thing, but no one has seemed to discover a way to do this yet. I'm hoping someone here will have figured out a solution.

Is this on RT or 8? I've used mine with both. I know for 8 there is an application that is installed to change the settings of the wedge mouse. For RT I have yet to find anything that allows that.. 

EDIT: just realized this is in the RT section. Yeah I haven't found anything but I'll be on the lookout!

Edited by berty6294

I'm surprised to see that there are people who actually bought 1 of these. It just looks so uncomfortable to me I didn't even give it a second look.

So, besides not being able to reverse the direction of scrolling, how is it to use?

The mouse is a bit of a mix. 

On the positive side, it's very light weight and moves quite smoothly in the hand. It was much smaller than I thought it would be. It's small enough to fit in a pocket and it complements the Surface in look and feel quite well. 

On the negative side, it's overpriced. It's scrolling ability is uneven. I find it easier to just scroll by touch on the screen. I've yet to have it automatically connect to the Surface after turning the mouse off and then back on. And of course, I'd like to be able to reverse the scrolling, but that's probably because I'm used to scrolling on the Mac.

I purchased the one from Amazon for my RT. I like it but I have to agree that the scrolling is not smooth enough. I hope there will be a fix for that too. I've searched for some time now on reversing the scroll direction - no go. I am still hoping somebody is able to find a registry entry that changes that. I use Excel on the desktop quite often and this little mouse is great for that.

cheers