RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Rt Skinned

RMansfield

I've used Skinit.com for skins in the past, but this time I thought I'd try out decalgirl.com (weird name, I admit). 

The attached photos show a customized skin I created by uploading a high res image of  Peter Paul Reubens' (1577-1640) painting Angels Destroy the Armies of Sennacherib, which is based on 2 Kings 19:35-36. 

When I was setting it up at the website, the preview image showed a custom image on the Windows RT start screen, but I've been unable as of yet to change that. I did change the lock screen and desktop however, to make the image work with the frame. 

ScreenShot003.jpg

I've always liked their offerings. That looks nice.

Thanks for the tip on this! I think I'll be checking out both sites.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Composition skin from DecalGirl and I love it. The Surface RT gets a lot of attention when I open my "notebook" deploy the kickstand and start typing "Wow, what is that?"

Photo Sep 01, 5 07 35 PM.jpeg

IMG_0182.PNG

Photo Sep 01, 11 56 56 PM.jpeg

Edited by DerAusgewanderte

That's hilarious :D I wonder if that skin could help it from getting stolen?

well, there are two sides to this. Because it's just a lab notebook people may be careless with it and place heavy objects on it or throw stuff on top of it.

From what I've seen so far, it seems the Surface line can take a good amount of punishment. Hopefully, it will be tough enough :)

• Like 1

I got the Composition skin from DecalGirl and I love it. The Surface RT gets a lot of attention when I open my "notebook" deploy the kickstand and start typing "Wow, what is that?"

Photo Sep 01, 5 07 35 PM.jpeg

IMG_0182.PNG

Photo Sep 01, 11 56 56 PM.jpeg

Only a true nerd would have used that skin.

Thanks for bringing back memories of college.

• Like 1