RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Terminal Server Connection Problems in a Mac / Windows mixed Environment

rgfcpq

I am using WHS on an HP Mediasmart ex495. I have a mixed environment with Win xp, win 7, and macs. When I launch the homeserver console from the mac it typically works, but occasionally it will give me the error:

"The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections"

I think this may be due to the way the Remote Desktop Connection on the Mac failing to properly disconnect from the server, leaving too many users logged on. I don't see in the RDC program for the mac any way to log off other than just quitting the program, which I think may be creating the issue.

What am I doing wrong (if anything) and how do I fix this? Ideally, I don't want to have to do something outside of my mac environment to solve for this.

Thanks for any advice/help.

I did read that if you go to your server web page then log in for whatever reason then just close the browser or click on an external link, you have not closed the session properly, you should choose Log Off. It will eventually log you off. Could this be what your doing ?

John (homeservershow).

I don't think so. In the mac version of Remote Desktop Connection, there is no option to "log off" - only to quit RDC. I can still go to the web page, but am unable to log into the console. If you think I am missing something here, I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks for the help!

If you do a regular RDC into the server (not the console), open up Task manager, there is a tab for 'users' You can then just log off/disconnect all sessions but the current.
testyu.jpg