RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RMansfield

Is There Any Way To Change The Start Screen Wallpaper On The Surface Rt?

Zorched

Its a shame they can do this on Windows Phone 7.5 but not on RT.  Seems like it would be a no brainer to use Bing images instead of the Seattle illustration.

ikon

You don't like the Space Needle? :)

schoondoggy

Its a shame they can do this on Windows Phone 7.5 but not on RT.  Seems like it would be a no brainer to use Bing images instead of the Seattle illustration.

That is the lock screen, that can be changed to whatever you want.

Marie

I've looked for a way to do this, but have not come up with any solution. Is there any way to change the start screen wallpaper on the Surface RT?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say there's not, but I hope someone's found a solution.

Marie

I struggled with this for three days, the program that all the sites say to download won't install in a surface RT. After reading everything I decided to save my image to a thumb drive, took it to my PC and then renamed the image as a .dll saved it and went back to my surface, put in the thumb drive found the .dll image and saved it in the local system 32 file.... Then when you go to personalize your start sreen that image will be available to select. This worked for me. I hope it works for anyone else trying to put your own image for your start screen.