RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How Do I Turn Off The Birthdays?

RMansfield

After adding my FaceBook account to the People app, my calendar is now filled with birthdays of 710 FB friends. Even worse, I'm getting daily emails alerting me to upcoming birthdays. I don't want any of this. I've looked in settings for all three programs (People, Mail, Calendar), but I don't see anything that addresses this issue. I'm sure that the solution is a simple one, but if you know how to turn the birthdays, please let me know.

I just started having the same issue on my SP. I've got birthday's for people I don't even know. I've also got a bunch of people I don't even know in my People tile, and I can't seem to get rid of them.

• 2 weeks later...

You can turn birthdays off by going to the calendar app, swipe from the right -> settings -> options. You can turn on or off the birthdays for each one of your accounts.

Yes, I managed to find this the other day. I've got the birthdays off my calendar. However, I'm still getting birthday reminder emails everyday. They're coming from the Facebook contacts, and I don't know how to turn off the email reminders. Any idea?

You have to turn off the email alerts in your Microsoft account. Log in to your Microsoft mail account in your browser, go to your calendar, click the gear in the upper right and select options. Under "Edit your reminder and calendar settings" click on Birthday Calendar. You can delete any accounts you are receiving notifications from there.

Edited by surfaceRT

Thanks. Done. I won't know if it took until tomorrow since I received five birthday email reminders a few minutes ago.