RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Oh Oh! Surface Pro Video Issues

ikon

My shiny new Surface Pro has started exhibiting some disturbing behaviour.

As I'm typing on my Type keyboard, or tapping the screen, the video colours often get messed up. Anyone who has experienced having a broken colour line to a regular monitor will relate to what I'm seeing.

I believe it's the green that gets dropped from the image, because my normally gray title bars (in Desktop Mode) suddenly jump to purple. If I tap or press on the front of back or the screen it will jump back to normal gray. ATM, it's working OK, but I know it won't last.

Seems like there's something loose inside. Guess I'm going to have to take advantage of my ESP. So sad; my ESP hasn't even lost that new-warranty smell :(

LOL... Yes it sounds like a defect.  I would encourage you to get it replaced.  It definitely sounds like you got a hardware issue.  I can tell you that my Pro has not had this issue.

Funny enough, today it's behaving... go figure. I still don't expect it to last.

I've been in the hi-tech field for more than 4 decades, so I've seen a lot. My whole family knows my 3 rules of troubleshooting: connections, connections, connections :)  You'd be amazed (or maybe not) at how often a family member tells me that they had one issue or another and resolved it be remembering my 3 rules.

Yeah, my wife's Pro hasn't had any video issues either.

BTW, I finally found a way to backup and restore my Surface Pro. I'm going to start a new thread about it.