RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
berty6294

Moderncalc - Windows Store App - Need Feedback Please!

berty6294

Thank you so much. I have hated the desktop calculator with a passion. Having this snapped to the side works very nicely.

Haha my exact reason for making it. Is there anything you believe I hold change to improve on it?

ikon

Just noticed something: the numbers enter in from the left. That strikes me as strange; never seen it before.

I agree with LawnPaul about the side-docking - nice feature.

berty6294

Just noticed something: the numbers enter in from the left. That strikes me as strange; never seen it before.

I agree with LawnPaul about the side-docking - nice feature.

lol wow I never actually noticed that. Just changed it to enter from the right! Also adding some color as we speak!

How would the ability to choose which 4 buttons you would like to dock under the keypad be?

ikon

lol wow I never actually noticed that. Just changed it to enter from the right! Also adding some color as we speak!

How would the ability to choose which 4 buttons you would like to dock under the keypad be?

LOL, no problem. That's why you posted, right?

I think having the ability to choose the buttons would be a great feature.

Dewain27

I agree that you should look to add colors to the white boxes like use neon colors to make it pop.  Example:  Look at Emulator Pro from Smithson Martin.  This is how they do their custom interfaces on a black background.

Also, you need to know that you are in a very crowded space in the market place and there are tons of these.  I would recommend that you look at your competition.

berty6294

I agree that you should look to add colors to the white boxes like use neon colors to make it pop.  Example:  Look at Emulator Pro from Smithson Martin.  This is how they do their custom interfaces on a black background.

Also, you need to know that you are in a very crowded space in the market place and there are tons of these.  I would recommend that you look at your competition.

You should see my surface now, the whole start screen is filled with calculators lol.

I will be making so the user can choose a customs color theme as well as what the four custom buttons will be. I'm going to update the start screen tile (looks edgy). Any suggestions for the panel with the Text Saving feature? Seems really boring over there, not sure how to fill it out and clean it up.

pfinter

Not too bad.  I agree with the others concerning adding color and modernizing the interface. Look at the calculator lite app for a color calculator example.

As a lefty, I really appreciate the ability to have the choice to make the 9-key pad on the left or the right.

Your calculator scales better then the previously mentioned calculator lite app.

I'm not understanding the need for the scroll bar in the center section when using the calculator in a larger section. Seems like there is plenty of space to remove the functionality unless you're planning on expanding the feature set.

Finally, I really like the 4 separate memory positions. That's a neat feature.

berty6294

Not too bad.  I agree with the others concerning adding color and modernizing the interface. Look at the calculator lite app for a color calculator example.

As a lefty, I really appreciate the ability to have the choice to make the 9-key pad on the left or the right.

Your calculator scales better then the previously mentioned calculator lite app.

I'm not understanding the need for the scroll bar in the center section when using the calculator in a larger section. Seems like there is plenty of space to remove the functionality unless you're planning on expanding the feature set.

Finally, I really like the 4 separate memory positions. That's a neat feature.

now the scroll bar should disappear when you scale the app to a larger screen. At least in my debugger that is true.

And yes, I plan on adding more features, just not sure what to add at this point.

Now on the 4 separate memory positions, would you like more positions? 5? 6? or add another feature over there? Kinda unsure what to do with the space

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I have found this thread very interesting. I think is interesting to see a developer interact with his clients, be them free or paid.

ikon

I have found this thread very interesting. I think is interesting to see a developer interact with his clients, be them free or paid.

Indeed. I've done it before, and it virtually always ends up producing a better product.