RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Share Screen Via Internet

Sam1488993266

Hey guys,

how can I share my Surface RT screen with others via the Internet? Skype app wouldn't support that function (only .exe which can't be installed), TeamViewer same thing. Google+ hangout also not supported.

THANKS!!

If you are talking about an online meeting try the apps from Join.me or Go To My PC. If you just want one other person to see your screen you could use the request help function built into Windows.

Schoondog,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, was talking about online meeting. Unfortunately, both join.me and gotomypc require running an exe-file which I guess I can't do with my Surface RT.  

How "the request help function built into Windows" helps in this case (online meeting with one or more friends) I didn't get.

Kindly

Schoondog,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, was talking about online meeting. Unfortunately, both join.me and gotomypc require running an exe-file which I guess I can't do with my Surface RT.  

How "the request help function built into Windows" helps in this case (online meeting with one or more friends) I didn't get.

Kindly

The 'Request help function" in windows lets someone log on to your computer and view your screen. Not good for meetings, but if you need to show something to one person it works. For Join.me and Gotomymeeting, I know you can not start am meeting, but you can view an online meeting. I had hoped that after joining a meeting the presenter could turn control over to the RT device. I tried this with Join.me, but it did not work, the RT is view only. I don't have access to gotomymeeting to test.