RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media On Sd In Music And Video App

JBresky

I got my Surface RT a few weeks after release. Had my husband take one home to Sweden from New York. One thing I still have not got to work well is how to use the SD card in a good way. For example, how do I get media like music and video to show up in the metro/modern interface apps. As Of now I have to open up one song at a time from the file menu and not a playlist or album.

/Johan

I thought I dug up somewhere how to turn indexing on for the SD and USB ports for RT. If I come across it again, I'll copy a link to the blog.

• 3 weeks later...

Havent got it to work yet. Only the picture folder showed up and it was buggy and removed files still showed up as grey boxes that could not be opened. I will try again and do an indexing and rename the folders to the standard WIndows names and see if that helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      HPE ProLiant Gen10 MicroServer with streaming movie playing (Batman vs Superman – Monitor 1), six VMs loaded and powered up (Hyper-V Manager window open – Monitor 2), and Excel spreadsheet opened crunching 19 years of daily data for multiple graphs (Monitor 3) all using about 49% of installed 32GB RAM.  The disk activity that can be made out on the Task Manager is from the VMs – the Excel spreadsheet is on my home server.
      For the above I had the following connections left to Right:
      1st Monitor attached with HDMI cable via: “Active DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Adapter, Benfei DP to HDMI Ultra HD Converter”   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5DX296/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      2nd Monitor attached to VGA Port
      3rd Monitor attached with HDMI cable via : Passive “4K DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI Adapter by Benfei DP Display Port to HDMI UHD 2K 3D Audio and Video Converter Male to Female Gold-Plated Cord” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VV26BLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check out the Thread on PassMark performance: 
      The 2D Graphics Mark was 424.7
      The 3D Graphics Mark was 1211
      The PassMark Analysis has the resolution of all three of my monitors as well as other information it detected about the AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.  I do not have a 4K monitor so I was not able to test that capability.

THIS WAS ALL AFTER I CORRECTED A ERROR I FOUND VERY EARLY ON IN SYSTEMS INFORMATION AND PROBLEM DEVICES
      Systems Information showed a Problem device: ACPI\AMD0020\20 -- to fix that I went to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

The file will look like:

it will take awhile to execute!

Afterwards the Device Manager looked like:

And in System Information the Problem devices will be cleared out:

My setup at the time was:

Running at ~55W with 32GB RAM and two VMs active when I did this.

• EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • Quickdraw
      By Quickdraw
      Forgive me, but I still get confused regarding what works on a Surface RT when they talk about Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Phone 8.    Microsoft announced that the new Halo game is only available ONLY on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.  Does this mean that it will NOT work on an RT?  It seems off that they will make a version that works on a phone and skip right over the Surface RT.   Can someone clear this up for me?  Thanks...
    • ZipZapRap
      By ZipZapRap
      Hi all

Having some trouble playing my music on my Surface. Everything is stored locally (on a MicroSD card). Up until yesterday, I could play all my tracks just fine.
      Last night I both reset the device (I was having issues with apps crashing) and entered a 3 month Xbox Music pass code. Now all of my music has been matched to the cloud (shown by the broadcast icon), and now, when I’m not connected to the internet, I can’t play ANY local tracks, except by going “open file”.

At first, I got error message 0xc00d1126 when attempting to play. So I connected to the internet, redownloaded the Music app, and then tried again. This time I get error code 0xc1010091. But the same outcome – I can’t play local music automatically!!!

This is REALLY annoying. Is there any way to force the app/device to play music locally first in the app, before streaming from the cloud??
      Uggh, this app alone has made my experience with Surface really bad. It’s been nothing but trouble. Any help would be most appreciated as right now, I just feel like getting rid of this thing.

Thank you

P.S. I have read the other thread on this issue, which hasn't helped.
    • IndyLux
      By IndyLux
      The surface has a nice 16:9 screen ideal for watching movies. I plan on using Hulu, Netflix, Xbox video, YouTube, etc for a lot of video on my surface. That being said, we'll also want to take some of our own content. Let's start discussing encoding the best video for the device.

(I'm working from DVDs in Video_ts format and unconverted Blu-ray rips.)

Let's discuss the following:

Program: In the past, I have used Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr) and Windows Media Encoder once or twice. Other thoughts?

Resolution: The Surface RT resolution is 1366x768. Can it output higher res via the HDMI cable? Is this the res we should encode in?

File Format/Container: I was thinking MP4. Other thoughts?

Sound: Probably stereo for the most part.

Other categories?