RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Video Capture?

RMansfield

Okay, I know that I can do a screen capture by pressing the Windows logo and the volume down button at the same time.

But is there anyway to do video capture of the screen? Is there perhaps an app in the Windows store that will do this?

No app so far. I did see an interesting idea on another site.

RT supports 'invite/request' help. You could request help from another PC, the record the RT screen there.

On the Windows RT device that is connected to the same network as your PC.

From the Start Menu type "Invite" and select Invite someone to connect to you PC and help you, or offer to help someone else from the Settings menu.
Select Invite someone you trust to help you.
Select Save this invitation as a file.
Save the invitation to you documents folder.
Now switch to your email client and email the invitation to an account you can access on the PC you wish to demo from.
Now switch to your PC, open the attachment from your email, this will launch the Remote Assistance app.
Enter the password from the code showing in the Windows Remote Assistance app on the desktop of the WinRT device
On the WinRT device accept the sharing request.
You should now be connected to your device in view only mode.
Click Request control.
On the WinRT device, check the Allow  to respond to User Account Control prompts option and click Yes.

nice work schoondog. Just wondering, since he's on the same LAN, couldn't he just save the invite to a folder shared on the LAN and open from there?

• 6 months later...

Im new to Surface. It looks like you missed a step, or I missed a lesson...

You say "From the Start Menu type "Invite" and select Invite someone to connect "

There's no keyboard at the start screen. I don't know what you want me to do.

Oh wait, I think I have it. From Start, open the "Search" Charm and type in invite.  There should be a couple of matches in the Settings section. That's where you can find the "Invite someone you trust... " option.

Im new to Surface. It looks like you missed a step, or I missed a lesson...

You say "From the Start Menu type "Invite" and select Invite someone to connect "

There's no keyboard at the start screen. I don't know what you want me to do.

Oh wait, I think I have it. From Start, open the "Search" Charm and type in invite.  There should be a couple of matches in the Settings section. That's where you can find the "Invite someone you trust... " option.

I think he assumes everyone has a keyboard (don't you? :) ). Thanks for posting the non-KB way of doing it.