RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Usb 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

schoondoggy

So, for the second time this year I have been in a vendor meeting in a building that has no guest WiFi. I stopped at Fry's tonight and picked up a Linksys USB300M so I can make a wired connection to my Surface RT tomorrow. Plugged it in and no driver loaded,,,, found this thread;

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_rt-hardware/cisco-linksys-usb300m-listed-as-compatible-with/e80c3665-fdc2-476d-b8d9-3055560f2faf?page=1

Downloaded the driver listed in the thread. Device manager is happy. I will test the connection when I get back in the building tomorrow.

It works!

I don't expect I will need this very often.

If WiFi is not available I can share internet from my phone. Unfortunately, my location for the past two days had no WiFi and I could not get a strong enough signal to share the internet on my phone.

I should also note that this is not supported by Microsoft.

Do you have a Surface RT? The only reason I got the one I did was to use it on my RT as it is the only one I found that had driver support.

Good find, still plenty of places that have no wifi.  Offices, hotels, etc....this was a problem with my MBA as well.