RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

What Would You Like Microsoft To 'fix' In Windows Rt?

schoondoggy

My bad, still cant map SD card to Libraries, but I can directly access data on SD card from Metro apps.

They need to tidy up how background apps are running. Too many times apps crash, or if you have two open (one snapped left or right) you will have one of you two crash. It does a nice job of recovering, but a little annoying.

That's interesting. I haven't noticed this issue with the Pro. What I have noticed is that the desktop IE will start acting 'funky' after a while. Shutting it down & restarting it fixes it, but it's a bit odd for sure.

To be fair it is hard to know of it is the browser or the site.

When I am working on my RT, some times I touch the screen to move the cursor into a dialog box. When I start typing nothing happens. I need to click in the dialog box with the track pad before I can type. This only seems to happen in the Metro IE. Anyone else having a issue like this?

I just had that happen on this page. It is very annoying. Sometimes it takes more than clicking with the track pad; I have had to refresh pages to enter text, and sometimes, I have had to go to the Task Manager and just kill IE to  start over. This doesn't happen a lot, but it is frustrating when it does.

I would love to see a fix, but I still am glad I got the RT. The tradeoffs over a Pro aren't a big deal to me because I really wanted a tablet more than I wanted a replacement laptop.

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the latest update for OneNote MX. Now I can draw!  This is fantastic for my Surface RT.

Now, I'm down to just a couple of things on the OneNote MX app that really are glaring oversights (IMHO):

• I would love to have the ability to open a OneNote notebook that belongs to a SkyDrive group instead of my personal SkyDrive space. I have been unable to determine how to do this. However, I can do this on the Desktop version of OneNote on my RT.
  • I would also love the ability to reorganize pages in OneNote MX. Try as I might I cannot do this. It is easily done using the Desktop version of OneNote on my RT. (If it is possible, could someone tell me how?)

If they