RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro / Rt - Casecrown Laptop Bag

Dewain27

So, you went out and bought your Surface Pro or RT and you brought it home and thought this is awesome how small these are... Then you walk over to put it in your laptop bag and you are like "WOW this won't work!"  So, I jumped out looking for something that did not eat my Surface like a tiny dog biscuit to a great dane.

So, I found the solution that I was looking for...

41dVynmv0zL._SY300_.jpg

Yes boys and girls it is a perfectly sized laptop bag for the Surface RT / Pro.  It is good to note that this thing not only perfectly fits the surface, but all of the other items you might want to bring.  Tons of pockets and zippers and such.

51jJdu9Rk5L._SY300_.jpg

Oh and did I mention that I love the fact that this thing has an awesome orange interior that gives it a little character.  If you like it comes in black and orange as well.

The material is a smooth nylon-like material keeping it from having issues with getting a little wet and stain resistant.  I absolutely love this thing.  I would give some cons, but I can't find anything wrong with it.

Here is the link to allow you to go there now and buy this immediately.  I have had mine for months and I have to say there is nothing else out there that compares... (that I have seen)

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Horizontal-Messenger-Microsoft-Surface/dp/B009RV2BD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363393738&sr=8-1&keywords=surface+bag

Happy shopping....

Oh... here is the link for it in black

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Horizontal-Messenger-Microsoft-Surface/dp/B009RV2EOI/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I stated on episode 3 of the podcast, http://surfacegeeks.net/the-surface-geeks-podcast-episode-3.html , that I think I made a mistake getting the 32 Gb version. I have not loaded a whole lot, YET. I plan on installing a lot more this week and weekend. So far it has just been testing for me.
      I'm not entirely sure of the return policy but I'm thinking of returning this one and getting a 64. What do you think?
    • Dewain27
      By Dewain27
      Hello Surface Geeks.  I listen to your podcast and you asked for people to post what they have from a Windows 8 perspective.  Let me first preface this that I am a Microsoft employee.  I have been with the company for 8 years and may be a little partial if you ask me about things.  I can't give details about futures of Microsoft, but I can definately give you details about experiences and what I see.  Here is the list of my current Windows 8 machines:

Surface Pro 128 GB - Primary Work machine (Type Cover) w/ Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station Surface RT 64 GB (2) 32 (2) - Primary Content Consumption Device w/ 64 GB SD and Type Cover Asus ZenBook Prime Touch UX31A - Primary Personal Laptop used for DJing and Lighting Design Samsung DP500A2D-A02UB All-In-One with Touch screen Gateway 23" All-In-One with Touch screen Dell XPS Workstation w/ Dual 22" screens one being a Dell Touchscreen Monitor Samsung Series 9 First Gen Laptop Samsung Series 7 Slate w/ docking station Gateway DX4840-11e Desktop Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 Slate w/ docking station Lenovo W510 Laptop - Old Work Laptop My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 920, however I have had the following phones as well:
      Samsung Focus Samsung Focus S Nokia Lumia 900 HTC 8X Other items that might be of interest:
      (6) Xbox 360 consoles - Used for Media Extenders and Gaming Dedicated Home Made Media Center Machine Dedicated Windows Home Server HDHomerun Prime w/ 6 HD Cable Feeds and (2) Cable Cards Smithson Martin DVS 32" - http://www.smithsonmartin.com/dvs/ I have a pretty elaborate setup for things and have made it quite simple for household activity, but figured that I would see what questions this list of items would spur...

Oh, and for those that are not Microsoft people.  I do keep a stock of other items that I leverage to understand the the competitor solutions such as:

MacBook Pro w/ dual SSD drives 13" non-retina iPad v1 iPod 4th Gen Nexus 7 32 GB Asus Transformer 16 GB  
      Ok, enough about the hardware... Questions?

Dewain
    • Dewain27
      By Dewain27
      I am going to post pictures later, but wanted to share.

I work for Microsoft and I wanted to share this little known feature of Windows 8 or should I say IE 10.  First things first.  If you have an Exchange 2013 account then you have access to something called Outlook Web App.  This is the web-browser version of the Outlook client.

If you would like on RT or on Windows 8 full to get offline access to your email, then you simply go to the settings button, which is in the upper right hand corner of the interface.  The icon looks like a gear.  There is a something called offline settings.  This will allow you to walk through the steps to allow you to simply go to the site, which I pinned on my RT, and it will allow you full access to your email.  It works just like Outlook in offline mode.  This is an amazing option for people that have an O365 account or Exchange 2013.  Again you have to do this from IE 10.  You can choose which one the modern UI or desktop UI, however it only works in the version that you do it in. You can do it in both, but I would reccomend doing this in only the one you plan to use.

Enjoy!!!

Dewain
    • Quickdraw
      By Quickdraw
      Forgive me, but I still get confused regarding what works on a Surface RT when they talk about Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Phone 8.    Microsoft announced that the new Halo game is only available ONLY on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.  Does this mean that it will NOT work on an RT?  It seems off that they will make a version that works on a phone and skip right over the Surface RT.   Can someone clear this up for me?  Thanks...