RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Teamviewer

schoondoggy

If you have not tried TeamViewer, you should. It is a very well designed remote access tool. Free for personal use. I just finished editing a Visio drawing on my home workstation from my Surface RT.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am currently using logmein pro. I will have to give this one a try.

ikon

I've always been a bit puzzled as to what these apps offer over RDP. RDP just seems to work, even on my Windows Phone 7.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I've always been a bit puzzled as to what these apps offer over RDP. RDP just seems to work, even on my Windows Phone 7.

They allow RDP from outside your network.

berty6294

I use TeamViewer for my programming. Using Eclipse, Visual Studio, puTTY, and a couple other apps and there is virtually no lag! Plus I can scare my mom while I'm at school and use Microsoft Sam to send her messages lol

scoobyx

I use TeamViewer for my programming. Using Eclipse, Visual Studio, puTTY, and a couple other apps and there is virtually no lag! Plus I can scare my mom while I'm at school and use Microsoft Sam to send her messages lol

Nice. Using our black-magic voodoo to scare the uninitiated. <eg>

ikon

They allow RDP from outside your network.

I can RDP into my system from anywhere there's an internet connection.

kylejwx

How do you use RDP from Windows Phone?

schoondoggy

There are several RDP apps. You need to be on the same network as the computer you are controlling.

schoondoggy

I use RDP when I am in my house on my local network. From outside of my home connecting back in over VPN, RDP seems to have a lot of latency. I find TeamViewer to be very quick. Also most corporate networks block RDP, but TeamViewer and LogMeIn continue to work.