RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Does Microsoft Want To Sell These?

gshocker

quixotic, I turned the one down at the MS Store. After leaving the store, I received a call from the BB near me that the unit that I had originally ordered there had shown up. Talk about timing! I am not sure they have any left at the Lenox Mall location - I haven't checked since last week. I do have a customer interested in getting a couple of units so I checked the BB website this afternoon (Thur ~3p). There were a number of stores in the area showing they had stock. If you're dying to get one, that might be your best play for now.

I checked online today and out of 17 area stores, unfortunately only one showed it had a 128GB unit in stock. That was in Hiram which is quite a haul from where I live. Maybe a weekend drive is in order!

Edited by quixotic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• quixotic

• scoobyx

• gshocker

quixotic, I had an afternoon appointment in Buckhead. At the meeting, my customer asked me to purchase two 128GB Surface Pros for them. On a whim, I stopped by the MS Store in Lenox Mall. I walked in, asked for a couple of units, and walked out 10 minutes later with two in-hand. I didn't think to ask if they had a bunch of them, but the rep didn't even hesitate when I told him what I wanted. You should probably call the store if you live close.

Seems like a few of the MS stores have some stock of the 128GB models finally. It certainly seems like MS did some decent promo leading up to the launch but since the shipping issues and stock issues things seem to have quieted down. I wonder if things will pick back up once stock returns.

Just curious if MS is hitting the advertised shipping dates?  On-line store says "ship by 3/13".  I know the first shipment stated "ship by 3/1".  I ordered mine through the MS on-line store 3/3.  Was hoping it would arrive sooner?  No big deal either way.

I heard with the first ship date that some people got them one day early. From the forums I have seen that most people seemed to get them on time. I would expect there would be some complaints out there if they had not.

I see staples is going to accept old tablets and issue credit cards for 1-400 dollars in exchange for purchasing select win8 touch devices.  Their website lists both the 64 and 128 SP as sold out?  Maybe it only applies to in-store stock. 

I see staples is going to accept old tablets and issue credit cards for 1-400 dollars in exchange for purchasing select win8 touch devices.  Their website lists both the 64 and 128 SP as sold out?  Maybe it only applies to in-store stock. 

Microsoft was offering something similar in their retail stores immediately following the launch of the SP. The fine print on the offer stated that it didn't apply to the SRT or SP. I would imagine the offer from Staples applies here, but it would certainly be worth checking on. Caveat emptor!

Was just looking at the microsoftstore.com site again for a friend and once again they list the 128GB model as being out of stock. Hopefully this will change soon and they will start taking orders again soon. 

Glad I was able to get my unit at the local store. I wonder if they are getting stock still.