RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Does Microsoft Want To Sell These?

gshocker

I just looked on the microsoftstore.com website and both 64 and 128 are sold out. No ordering available at all. How do they expect to sell more of these if they will not even take orders from people so they can at least get in line.

I can name other companies that would certainly have no problem taking customers money for items that will ship in weeks. I personally hope this product does well but Microsoft seems to be doing just about everything in their power to slow the sales down and make people look elsewhere.

With that said I am loving my 128GB model and would suggest this product to others if I could only find somewhere for them to buy it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• quixotic

• scoobyx

• gshocker

I'm waiting to buy a 2nd 128G myself. I keep checking the MS Store. On the plus side, being out of stock would seem to indicate that they're selling well. I hope so anyway.l

I would assume that the demand has been good but I still would like to see them with a bit more info for people on when new stock will arrive. I have a few friends looking for a device and it is frustrating when you can not even get in line to grab a unit.

The best bet may be best buy for them at the moment as the MS stores do not seem to have an idea of when new stock will show up either.

My experience has been a little different. I don't want to get into a long story but Best Buy hosed me on launch weekend. That being said, I have (on two separate occasions) been able to find 128GB Pro's at a couple of local Best Buys. I also went into my MS Store (Atlanta) and while they didn't have any in-stock at that time, one of the sales reps put my name on a waiting list. Funny enough, she called me back later that afternoon to inform me that they had received a shipment and my unit was available for pickup. Now that's what I call quick turn-around! I am surprised that your MS Store won't put your name on a waiting list - the one here was pretty clear about what/when/how many.

My local MS store will put people on the waiting list but they have no idea when they are getting more in stock. It would be nice if there was a bit more information about the stock status on these. Best Buy seems to have no idea either.

Scoobyx, did you pick up the unit the store had for you? If not, I'm in Atlanta and will gladdly take yours if you're not interested in it for yourself :)

quixotic, I turned the one down at the MS Store. After leaving the store, I received a call from the BB near me that the unit that I had originally ordered there had shown up. Talk about timing! I am not sure they have any left at the Lenox Mall location - I haven't checked since last week. I do have a customer interested in getting a couple of units so I checked the BB website this afternoon (Thur ~3p). There were a number of stores in the area showing they had stock. If you're dying to get one, that might be your best play for now.

I guess the good news is that there does seem to be some stock getting out there. Hopefully, MS will have another full production run ready soon.