RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Google Issues

geekaccountant

Anyone else having trouble getting Google Calendar and other items to sync?  The dang thing keeps telling me it is unable to connect.  I am 100% positive I entered the correct e-mail and password for my Google account.

Funny you mention it because I experienced the same exact issue when trying to setup my Gmail account in the Windows Mail App today.  Gmail is syncing fine through my android however so I am not sure what is going on.

On a related but separate topic, I want the new Mailbox app for Windows so bad...it just looks so awesome and the reviews are fantastic.  I am hoping they develop for Windows, the whole management experience is gesture based and it just screams W8.

Google is letting EAS work til July, as they made a deal with Msoft as they are going to add caldav/carddav to the phone. 

That is true for the phone, but;

Update on January 30, 2013 for Windows Phone users: Windows Phone users can continue to set up new device connections with Google Sync through July 31, 2013. Windows 8 and Windows RT users can access Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts through their browsers.

I would guess that Google is not going to be making anything for Windows8. They are not generally playing nice with Microsoft these days so the consumers will certainly be the ones to suffer.