RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro 128Gb Sold Out Online

ikon

I was told by the MS Store this morning that the 128GB model of the Surface Pro has sold out online and they will not have more "for at least a few weeks". You may be able to find some still in stores, but it seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Not sure. I suspect some of it is that MS wanted to get them to market. They originally wanted them out in January, so I think they were getting antsy about delaying any longer. They had to go with as many as they had, which turns out not to be enough. But, I doubt they're worried. No doubt they think it looks good to be able to say, "Sorry, we're sold out". Apple certainly used that tactic often enough.

I agree that they probably had a limited supply and wanted to get them out however I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding off on another production run based on the demand they experienced from launch... It is no secret the RT was a bit of a flub so Microsoft may have wanted to be more calculated in their ordering decisions this time around. I still wonder if this product isn't a bit ahead of its time while Microsoft in a sense was just so late to the hardware and tablet party that they mountain they have to overcome is just so big... I mean IPAD has taken on the same clout that Kleenix has... Many people refer to any tablet as an IPad. Microsoft has so much re-educationg to do in the marketplace. The positive is I think corporations will start to grab hold of and embrace Surface Pro and many people will become more comfortable with it as they are provided exposure to it.

You say it's no secret but I'm not sure there are actually any figures out yet. Much has been based on some comments made by Steve Ballmer and some analysts, but MS states that those comments were misinterpreted by the media and the analysts are wrong; that it is, in fact, increasing production. I guess we'll just have to see (unless you have actual sale figures or course :)).

• Like 1

One thing you can say for sure is that the 128gb model is what people are going after. It wouldn't surprise me if a 256gb model shows up later this year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Listen I was super excited about the Surface Rt but it missed the mark with much of the public, they were confused and turned off by the price. Microsoft can say what they want but until they open up about the 'success' of the RT very few will take it for anything other than PR Rhetoric. Companies with highly successful products that meet or surpass expectations don't hide that proof, they publish the heck out of it and brag about it because the greatest driving force for new sales is past sales, proof that everyone else bought one creating the perception to the public that if they don't already have one that they are missing out.

Microsoft may have monster numbers proving their success and they just haven't clearly communicated or publicized that... I wouldn't be all that surprised, they don't have the best track record in the communications department.

To be clear, I think the product will change business and I can't wait but it will probably be three iterations later. I love Windows 8 which is why I got a W8 slate and moved from an IPad but ignoring the fact that MS has a long battle on their hands is foolish.

One thing you can say for sure is that the 128gb model is what people are going after. It wouldn't surprise me if a 256gb model shows up later this year. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I don't know for sure, but I do suspect, like you, that people are going for the 128GB model - I know I am.

Edited by Ikon

Listen I was super excited about the Surface Rt but it missed the mark with much of the public, they were confused and turned off by the price. Microsoft can say what they want but until they open up about the 'success' of the RT very few will take it for anything other than PR Rhetoric. Companies with highly successful products that meet or surpass expectations don't hide that proof, they publish the heck out of it and brag about it because the greatest driving force for new sales is past sales, proof that everyone else bought one creating the perception to the public that if they don't already have one that they are missing out.

Microsoft may have monster numbers proving their success and they just haven't clearly communicated or publicized that... I wouldn't be all that surprised, they don't have the best track record in the communications department.

To be clear, I think the product will change business and I can't wait but it will probably be three iterations later. I love Windows 8 which is why I got a W8 slate and moved from an IPad but ignoring the fact that MS has a long battle on their hands is foolish.

You could well be right. I'm just going to keep an open mind and see how it plays out.

Email application on the argument of disappointing that I think it has a sale I love IT director of the belt enforcement of our 24-hour get the email application that pathetic Nowack with you to be Blackeyed they hear use this for your corporation they got a long way to go to breakfast