RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Flash Content On Surface Rt

siomari

Hi all,

on 2/7/2013 surface RT got flash player update, ever since I am not able to play any flash content on my surface. does anyone else have same issue, is there anything I can do to get my surface to play flash content again? none of the videos on WPCentral website play, same with WMPower user and engadget, all those website used to not have any problem showing video on my surface. hope someone have an advice, thanks.

thanks Brian, I am not sure what was the problem before but it is working now, I have not changed anything on my surface.

Big Brother is alive and well ;)

I think the big brother is Sprint in my situation, I just noticed that when I use my Surface at work which we use Sprint broadband to connect to the internet, I cant see any flash video. but when I get home, I use AT&T uverse to connect to the internet, I have no problem viewing the same video I was not able to see at work. to be clear, at work we connect to the internet through Sprint MiFi box.

• 1 month later...

March updates changed the sites available for flash usage from a whitelist to a blacklist. meaning, more sites are available that use flash. I would try looking again.

I believe only a few are blacklisted for flash, and even those will resort to html 5. HBO is an example of this.

• 4 weeks later...