RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro Now Available For Purchase On Microsoft Store Website

mstrecke

I plan to go to the brick and mortor store by my house to purchase tomorrow morning.  Unfortunatly I am OCD and can not stop checking the Microsoft Store site to see if it the site is updated with information.  My last refresh proved worthwhile!

You now able to purchase the Surface Pro.  But I will wait till tomorrow :)

Margaret

The day has come! I hope everyone is able to get one. I'll go to a store and check but probably won't come home with one.

If you do get one please report back here!  If anyone wants to write up a quick review contact me. PM here.

Stood in the cold and rain for 3 hours in line at the Seattle store and was rewarded with with a Pro128GB (and a lighter wallet). The store ran out of black touch covers and the type covers.   I will either go back next week or make due with my RT's touch cover till the extended battery keyboard comes out.

Margaret

That's awesome.  It seems your store had a few more than some of the others.  I got a report from the Oakbrook Illinois store that they were out shortly after open and not due to overwhelming crowds.

For the moment I've ordered one 128GB Pro and a Type Cover. Got an email saying they'll be shipped Monday.

I want to order another one, but didn't because my $400 promo code with the MS Store came back as invalid. I have to call them Monday and find out WTF.

The Seattle store did not say how many they had .  I would guess it was at least a thousand. When I was at about the 3/4 mark in the line I asked the one of the people pulling pre registration folks if they still ad 128's left (apparently if you stopped by the MS store the previous week you could get a ticket.  The ticket holders still had to wait in line but store reps were pulling the next ticket holder in line to go in for their purchase every 15 minutes) The store rep said they had around 500 left.

The line went around the store and moved slow as they were only letting ~6 or 7 Surface buyers in at a time.  By the time I had completed my purchase the line was still as long as when I got there at 9.  They had to have l sold out.

The fellow next to me in line had originally gone to the Bellevue Washington store. Apparently that line was so long he decided to go to the Seattle store.  He said it was about 2x as long as the Seattle line.

Been enjoying my Pro!  Loaded up some games and will report back on how the device handles them.

Margaret