RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
mplovan

Evernote Update

mplovan

A pleasant surprise today.

Evernote updated and allows Rich Text Formatting. No check list but it's a start.

Dave

I updated mine too and as soon as it auto logs in it dies.  Didn't we go through this before?

Rebooting it just in case.

I spoke to soon.  The reboot worked.  Did I just notice the icon says Evernote Touch?  Was it like this before?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

It's time for you to step up to something much better. I used Evernote for a couple years but switched to onenote last fall and never looked back.

Edited by ImTheTypeOfGuy

Dave

Better for you maybe.  Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook?  If you can I'll switch.

ikon
Better for you maybe.  Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook?  If you can I'll switch.

Oh, snap! :D

Edited by Ikon

ImTheTypeOfGuy
Better for you maybe. Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook? If you can I'll switch.

Why would I want to do that. That is so 1990's. I prefer to just open the app and paste the info directly.

ikon
Why would I want to do that. That is so 1990's. I prefer to just open the app and paste the info directly.

Oooh, snapback! :D

Dave

On a desktop, yes, I do that, and in the past this was sufficient on mobile.  I've now found a usage for note taking for podcasting and saving notes, links, tweets, stories, etc.  It's like a reading list or a "read it later" service.  Send it, forget it for now, read it later.  On a phone the copy/paste/multitask function is not as fast as "send."  Literally, hit the forward arrow button, email, type in the first two letters of my Evernote address, and hit send.  It takes only seconds

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I guess my copy/paste/multitask is pretty fast as I can do it as fast as sending an email.

Not to mention you can right click on pages in IE and send to onenote.

Dave

Integration is key, so I like that IE trick.  I've found a new use for Evernote though.  I've been searching for a business card scanning app for iOS and Evernote has one that uses Evernote as it's back end.  It works pretty good.  No doubt OneNote could do this.

When I check a few things off of my list i'll give OneNote a fair shake.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      RESET Forums now has an Android app on the Google Play Store.  I don't see it via search since it just hit but I have a hard link to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.homeservershowcomforums&rdid=com.tapatalk.homeservershowcomforums

You can install it from there.  If you are a TapaTalk user it will look familiar with one caveat. You login with your RESET Forums credentials, not your tapatalk creds.  Once logged in you will notice more options for your interaction, notification, etc.

I hope you enjoy this app. iOS is coming soon.

• EON1488993291
      By EON1488993291
      Hello!

I have a Surface RT (32 GB) and it only has 1.69 GB of space left on the HD. The thing is that I have almost nothing on it (just a few apps that I check and do NOT take a lot of space, and small files), so I don't know what is taking so much space. Does anyone knows where is all that memory going? I have not being able to find it (I have checked the size of the apps, delete the trash can, delete the internet history/cookies)...

Also, I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1. These are the two ways that I have think of doing it, but I will like your opinion on which option is better (or if there is a better way):

Plan 1: take the tablet to its original status (in PC settings > General > Remove everything and reinstall Windows), move the recovery files to a thumb drive (http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/192-surface-rt-how-to-free-up-4-gigabytes-of-storage-space-on-your-rt/), and do all updates to take it to Windows 8.1

Plan 2: free some space by moving the recovery files to a thumb drive, make the upgrade to Windows 8.1, run a cleanup disk and defragment the drive

Making a backup of the files in the tablet is easy b/c there is not much in it, but my main concerns for the process are: I am going to loose microsoft office? is it going to ask me for any key/license number (if I ever had one, I don't know where it is)? anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!

EON
    • Mr Bill
      By Mr Bill
      Good day all,
      I have a general question about the Surface Windows RT.
      I have heard that it comes with MS Office installed on it. I also heard on a Windows Weekly podcast recently that they thought that it didn't include Outlook.

Has anyone heard information about Office on the Surface Windows RT?

Here is a specification sheet from the Microsoft web site.

http://www.microsoft.com/global/surface/en/us/renderingassets/surfacespecsheet.pdf
    • Dave
      By Dave
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB: $499
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB with Black Touch Cover: $599
      Surface with Windows RT, 64 GB with Black Touch Cover: $699
      Surface Touch Cover (white, red, black, cyan, or pink): $120
      Surface Type Cover: $130
      Initial reactions? To high?
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I stated on episode 3 of the podcast, http://surfacegeeks.net/the-surface-geeks-podcast-episode-3.html , that I think I made a mistake getting the 32 Gb version. I have not loaded a whole lot, YET. I plan on installing a lot more this week and weekend. So far it has just been testing for me.
      I'm not entirely sure of the return policy but I'm thinking of returning this one and getting a 64. What do you think?