RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Evernote Update

mplovan

I updated mine too and as soon as it auto logs in it dies.  Didn't we go through this before?

Rebooting it just in case.

I spoke to soon.  The reboot worked.  Did I just notice the icon says Evernote Touch?  Was it like this before?

It's time for you to step up to something much better. I used Evernote for a couple years but switched to onenote last fall and never looked back.

Edited by ImTheTypeOfGuy

Better for you maybe.  Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook?  If you can I'll switch.

Better for you maybe.  Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook?  If you can I'll switch.

Oh, snap! :D

Edited by Ikon

Better for you maybe. Can you e-mail a note to your One Note and have it land in the correct notebook? If you can I'll switch.

Why would I want to do that. That is so 1990's. I prefer to just open the app and paste the info directly.

On a desktop, yes, I do that, and in the past this was sufficient on mobile.  I've now found a usage for note taking for podcasting and saving notes, links, tweets, stories, etc.  It's like a reading list or a "read it later" service.  Send it, forget it for now, read it later.  On a phone the copy/paste/multitask function is not as fast as "send."  Literally, hit the forward arrow button, email, type in the first two letters of my Evernote address, and hit send.  It takes only seconds

I guess my copy/paste/multitask is pretty fast as I can do it as fast as sending an email.

Not to mention you can right click on pages in IE and send to onenote.

Integration is key, so I like that IE trick.  I've found a new use for Evernote though.  I've been searching for a business card scanning app for iOS and Evernote has one that uses Evernote as it's back end.  It works pretty good.  No doubt OneNote could do this.

When I check a few things off of my list i'll give OneNote a fair shake.