RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
LandonPunches

Calendar Issues

LandonPunches

I'm having two issues with my calendar app that I'm hoping to find solutions for:

1) I'm (kind of) not able to sync with my Google calendar. I say kind of because I see everything that's currently in my Google calendar in the Calendar App...the problem is, I can't add/change any events to my Google calendar via the Calendar App. So if I add an event on my Android phone it shows up on my Surface, but if I add an event on my Surface it doesn't show up on my phone. Any thoughts?

2) I'm not able to set up a reoccurring event with an end-date. For instance, I can't set up an event that happens every Wednesday night until June. I can only set up an event for every Wednesday night...forever. Is there a work-around to this?

Thanks for any help!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Unfortunately I don't recall all the details but it seems I read an article or thread in this forum indicating google calendar won't work with the Surface calendary.

SurfaceNerd

If anyone is trying to use a Google calendar on a Windows device...then they deserve to have problems. LOL jk

ikon
If anyone is trying to use a Google calendar on a Windows device...then they deserve to have problems. LOL jk

LOL

LandonPunches

I've tried that, but I get stuck at Step 5 (m.google.com won't load - just the full site) which, I believe, leads to Step 7 not being an option (there is no "WindowsMail" to choose from). 

Haha that's a fair point. Maybe this is a better question: does anyone know of an Android app that will show my Surface Calendar entries? Which account is related to my Surface Calendar - hotmail? 

I plan on getting a Windows Phone once Sprint has them, but until now I'd really love to add a calendar entry to my Surface and be able to view it on my phone.