RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Light From Behind Screen In Lower Left Corner

scottkuhl

So I have this issue on my Surface, where there is a light coming from behind the screen in the lower left corner.  It's about 1 inch from the bottom and a half inch from the left.  It's only noticeable on a white or very light background.  You can't see it when watching video, but its very apparent when surfing the web or reading.

It does not look like a dead or stuck pixel, it looks like a light behind the screen.  Maybe a touch sensor?

Now here is the odd thing.  This is the second Surface I have had with this problem.  It wasn't always there, because after I noticed it on the first one, I was very careful to inspect the second one.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Or any ideas?

That sounds very odd. I would describe the luminosity of my screen as nothing but uniform so I don't even have a good idea of what's going on with your TWO devices. Sounds like it would be worth a call to Surface support or a visit to a local store.

Maybe it's just a 'surface' flaw......... sorry :(

Good one.

Can you take a picture and share it so we can see what you are talking about?

Good one.

Can you take a picture and share it so we can see what you are talking about?

I tried, it does not show up well on camera.

Is this visible in any light? 

Does it look the same in a dark room versus a bright room?

It is visible in any light, but shows up more in darker rooms.

Here is the reply I got from a forum moderator on answers.microsoft.com.

It appears to be an issue with where the Touch screen is sealed into the vapor mg casing. I would suggest getting it replaced.

So it sounds like it is a flaw.  I wonder how many other people are noticing this?  It's not super obvious, but once you see it, you can never un-see it :)

You need to stay away from unsafe places because you appear to have bad luck given you appear to have two of the only ones known to do this.

My friends iPhone 5 had a similar issue. It sounds like there are manufacturing issues getting displays sealed in devices as they pack more into a smaller space.