RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How Many Wp7 Or Wp8 Phones Have You Seen Out In Your Hometown?

DoctaJones

I live central California, and I always look when I spy someone pulling out their phone.  Other than cell phone service retail employees, the 1 guy I know who went to BUILD and got the pentaband 920, and my girlfriend whom I forced to get the HTC HD7, I have seen 1 person with a wp device.  2 nights ago I saw a guy at a party with a red 920.  It was an exciting moment for me, but he was the host's brother and was from IL.

Back when I used the "I'm a WP7" app I saw about 6 people, so I know they exist, but I have never seen any locals with them. 

Since I'm asking a quantitative question: Wikipedia says Bakersfield 2010 population was 347,000

Edited by DoctaJones

I posed a similar question on a different forum.  I can tell you I have seen three "in the wild" since Christmas, two L920 and one Htc 8x.  If you add the four WP in my family that would be at least 6 in a town of 8000.  The local ATT store has been telling me they sell 4-6 a week?  Subjective but I do think the number of phones being sold has increased significantly.

I live in SoCal and cannot recall when I saw a Windows phone which is too bad in my opinion.  I certainly like both the 920 and HTC 8x.  After seeing both of them, I would probably go for the 8X as it is much lighter and sleeker IMO.  We need more of these phones in the wild.